Saturday, January 31, 2009

Card for Kids~ Lazy Saturday

It's really nice to have a saturday without sports. We have a "bye" this week so we are enjoying a lazy day home. I do have to admit...it feels a bit strange being home, but I think I could get use to having a few saturday's like this. Well at least I know what I have to look forward to some day.

So today marks the end of my CAD January challenge. I am proud to say I made it all the way through! It's hard to believe that today is actually the last day of January!

Since I am finishing up my "pledge" for the v-day card drive for the children's hospital...today's little card is one that is also heading out the door for the kids.

I decided to pair up the "trend" of cupcakes with the theme of valentine's day...and played off of "be mine" and added in "cupcake" for obvious reasons ;).

Here's my card:



Thanks again to everyone that cheered me on during this month of cards with comments & emails...it really made the "journey" more fun. Also a special thank you to Jennifer, Donna, Shelly and Leah who all played along during the challenge. If you all didn't get a chance to check out their work, you need to head on over to their blogs...because these ladies are as sweet as they are talented!

January CAD~ Day 31 Participants:

Shelly
Donna
Jennifer

7 comments:

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Super cute!!! I just go done making some cupcake cards too!!! Now I wanna a cupcake...but I will be good and wait till next Friday :D lol

shelly said...

ah jen another adorable card! is there no end to your talent! ive had so much fun with your challenge thank you! and ill be right on board when/if you come up with another! my day 31 card can be seen HERE
enjoy your weekend! hugs shelly

DeeDee said...

YUMMO!! This card is just way to sweet Jen...the kiddos will love it!! HUGS!

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow Jen, you did go out with a bang! This card is as sweet and yummy as can be! thanks so much for doing this. I had a ball. My final contribution isHERE You gonna rest tomorrow? LOL I hope I can. Hugs! D

kshand said...

WooHoo you made it through!! I've been reading the last week of posts that I missed, fabulous cards as usual. CONGRATS on the publications and the ones to come!! Saw your layouts at Best Creation, they were wonderful!!

Regina Easter said...

OH MY GOODNESS, THIS IS SUPER ADORABLE..I HAVE A CUPCAKE SHAPED CARD IN THE MAKING TO...I LOVE THIS

Sharon Caudle said...

Girl, you are just amazing! I don't know how the heck you did it! A huge congrats to you and everyone else that completed your challenge! This card is ADORABLE!! I love it!!