Monday, April 20, 2009

BBTB Challenge and Peggy Loves Vintage

I for once (in a long time)am thankful that today is Monday! This weekend we had snow and rain here in Colorado...we received rain in my neck of the woods, and boy did it rain. The rain started on Thursday and did not stop until early Sunday morning. Needless to say it turned out to be a long weekend for the kids as they are use to being on the ball fields and outside during the weekend.

We also had a leak in our basement because of the amount of moisture we received so I am dealing with the restoration folks from our insurance agency...it just might end up being a long week as we pull back carpets, set up fans and get new padding...sounds fun right? Power of positive thinking...power of positive thinking....

So this week over at BBTB we were challenged by Regina to use the inch bag from the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge and combine that with our sponsor this week, which is Peggy Loves Vintage. We each received 4 vintage images and we were able to use any of the 4 to use on our bag.

Here's my take on this weeks challenge:



As you can see these little images can be just simply printed and then placed onto your project. You can dress them up, or just use them as is...I pretty much decided to leave mine as it (since it was so sweet) and just accent it with a scallop backing and some stickles around the side. I also added a pearl handle to the bag to give it that extra girly touch.

So if you love vintage pretties, then you will for sure want to check these out!

Have a great week everyone, and don't forget to check back on Wednesday for my "Wednesday Freebie"


7 comments:

Mel said...

{Jen} I am so sorry to hear this about your basement!

Your project is just so sweet! So many pretty little details!

DeeDee said...

I love this Jen! So very SWEET! You've done Peggy and Regina proud girlie! I'm so glad you receieved your blog candy and I hope you enjoy it! HUGS!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh what a yucky weekend you had!! Sorry you're having to deal with all that stuff now! On the bright side, what a PRECIOUS bag!! I love the softness of it! That image is so sweet and I love what you did with it! That flower is awesome! Great project, Jen!
hugs
Sharon

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Oh Jennifer that really stinks about all the rain :(

Your project is so adorable!!! LOVE IT :)

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Jen,
Yuck! We had a similar problem a couple years back...Water pump issues! Leaked all over carpet and ruined it...Leaked all night...Had to replace all new stuff...I feel your pain...The restoration people will come in with a big fan and dry it all away...You may need new carpet like us...That bag you did is sooo pretty...Heres sending you wishes for a peaceful week.......Krista

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

SWEET!!! Your take on this is spectacular. I love the soft yellow color you picked out - I LOVE IT!! Hugs, T

craftaddict said...

This is so sweet.