Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day Everyone!

If you landed on my blog today because of the GCD Blog Hop – welcome! If you are a regular reader of my blog – you need to check out the GCD Blog hop today! Not only will you see a lot of beautiful necklaces using the ChipArt tool and Melody Ross ChipArt necklaces but there are also 10 prizes up for grabs from GCD Studios! Woot!!! Sooo much fun!

I am having a hard time letting go of summer – so I was inspired to use a fun shade of yellow on my necklace. I then added texture to the chipboard using the GCD ChipArt tool! I love how this little tool can add so much texture and dimension to chipboard. To finish off my necklace I sprayed it with some tattered angels misting diamond misting spray and attached one of the sweetest little buttons from GCD.

Here’s my necklace:





If you would like to be entered into the drawings for the 10 prizes from GCD all you have to do is leave a comment on EACH of the designer's blogs today! Heidi (from GCD Studios) will be drawing out 10 winners from the comments left on the all the designer's blogs. Good luck!

Okay so the fun does not end here – you will want to hop on over to Diana's Blog to see her beautiful necklace! But before you leave make sure to leave me a comment so you will be entered into the drawing!

Have a super day everyone!


47 comments:

Chocolate Mousie said...

I am a big fan of buttons and just got a huge tin of buttons from my mom who use to sew. She said the buttons were hers and my mom-mom's! This would be cool to make a necklace with one of those buttons like you just did.

Romy said...

Oh wow, this is fantastic! I love the feminine feel to your necklace...just how a necklace has to be:)

Colleen B. said...

The yellow is gorgeous!!!! Love what you have done with the chipboard and chipart tool - gorgeous detail!

Kelly Massman said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love the rose... :-)

cnelson said...

Gorgeous!! This almost has the feel of a cameo to it!

Lillian Child said...

VERY romantic feel to this lovely artwork!

catnap said...

Love the combo of the stamped flower background with the 3D flower button.

ellen s. said...

i would totally wear this!

Jenna Ruth said...

This is very pretty! Lovin' yellow!

curlyqmosaics said...

So elegant! Love it!

Sandy Ang said...

This is classic and beautiful !

Scrapthat said...

how beautiful!!

Brittney said...

These would be perfect to make for gifts. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tara Orr said...

absolutely gorgeous - love the chip tool used to accent the beautiful flower you've used to embellish - tfs!

Kristie said...

definitely one of my faves!

paperpapier said...

what an artsy piece. The white on yellow pendant is fabulous!

silvia said...

Beautiful necklace!!

Lacey said...

This is so lovely!!

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

That yellow is gorgeous!

Karen said...

i love how vintagey and elegant this looks!

ShoppingTamii said...

love the vintage look of your beautiful necklace!

Rowie said...

oooh i love this, dang the roses are just cuter than cute ;0)

Amy C said...

This is so very pretty!! I love the yellow color you used. Thanks for sharing!!

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

Beautiful!

-Kristin

byondbzr said...

That is so pretty, love the yellow!

Unknown said...

What a pretty necklace it reminds me of a cameo...

Janie Boots
boots3103@hotmail.com

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

Wow! This looks like an expensive antique! Love it!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

This is so lovely! Love the vintage look to this necklace. Thanks for sharing!

Beverly S. said...

Cute....thanks for sharing the fun blog hop. :)

ckmom78 said...

Gorgeous..love the design & colors!!

Monica Ward said...

This piece is stunning. Love it!

Tracy said...

The yellow is perfect ... love it!!

Love, Tracy G

Anonymous said...

Pretty, Jen!
I also loved your box on the GCD blog. :)

Teri

Jenneke said...

So romantic, soooo beautiful!!

XXXJenneke

Laura Davis said...

Lovely!
Laura

Anonymous said...

I love the colors!

pcrusberg said...

Really pretty! Love that flower button too. Thanks!

Jingle said...

This is so pretty!

Debbi said...

What a cute necklace. Love the button. I will be trying this.

Eva said...

Ohhh..this is gorgeous...love the vintage look of it!

Shannon said...

Jen your necklace so ELEGANT. What a beautiful gift this would make.. you should make more!

~~Mia~~ said...

wow that is really pretty, love what you did with it!!!

smahrty said...

wow, that yellowish cream and white look great with the metal.

anet said...

This is beautiful! Love the yellow.

Lindy said...

Wow.....love it!

Deb-Close to my Heart Consultant said...

yellow is one of my fav colors

The Sonboul's said...

I love that you used Yellow. it's one of my favorite colors. So pretty!