Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Come sail away . . . bad blogger!

Hi Everyone! Summer is just crazy around here! So much going on and kids running in so many different directions! We also just got home from a extra long vacation - pictues coming soon (I hope) and I am also taking a photography class taught by the ever popular Karen Russell - trust me when I say she's an amazing teacher! Anyway, I wanted to get this little project up that I created using GCD Studios products - this was shared a few days ago on the GCD Studios blog:

* * * * * * * * * *
Today's is my turn to show you my take on this month's theme:



When I first saw these images I was drawn to the boats. Summer time for me is all about water, water sports and nice lazy vacations. There is something (for me anyway) just magical about a sail boat. I think on a nice day there is nothing more beautiful then watching a sail boat sail off until you can no longer see it.


Recently, I was at my local craft store and I stumbled across this little unfinished boat I was drawn to it and knew I had to take it home. After painting my little boat white, I paired it with some yummy GCD papers to make the sails.


Here's my little Sail Boat:





Well I wish you each smooth "sailing" today! Have a happy day!

1 comment:

Vivianne Perez said...

That is just wonderful! Thanks for sharing...Viv